Amongst the many disappointments of 2020, we have to add sessions cancelled in Lockdown 2.0.
A new national lockdown will run from November 5 to December 2 with England to be placed under stricter nationwide restrictions from Thursday in an attempt to slow down the spread of coronavirus.
This half-term block was due to commence November 5th, but under the latest restrictions, we will be closed for the duration of November. When (or if) restrictions end as planned on December 2nd, we will determine if the remaining sessions for December 3rd, 10th and 17th can go ahead safely.
A list of the restrictions for England follows.
These are the new restrictions for England:
- Only leave your home for specific reasons – education, work if you cannot work from home, exercise, medical reasons, to escape injury or harm, shop for food and essentials, and provide care for vulnerable people, or as a volunteer
- No mixing of households inside homes, except for childcare and other support
- No mixing of households outside, except for exercising or visiting a public place with one other person
- All pubs, bars and restaurants to close – takeaways and deliveries allowed
- All non-essential retail to close but supermarkets can still sell non-essential goods – click and collect can continue
- Leisure and entertainment venues to close, including gyms
- International travel out of the UK banned, except for work
- Travel within the UK discouraged, except for work
- Work places should stay open where people cannot work from home
- Support bubbles remain
- Children allowed to move between homes if parents separated
- Outdoor exercise and recreation encouraged and is unlimited – only with your household/bubble, on your own or with one other person from a different household (golf is not allowed)
- People can sit on park benches and have picnics as long as it is with their household
- Services in places of worship banned but private prayer permitted
- Funerals allowed with close family members only
- Manufacturing and construction to continue
- Childcare settings, schools, colleges and universities to remain open
- Playgrounds to remain open
- Medical appointments to continue as normal
- Vets to remain open
- Courts to remain open
- Professional sports allowed but amateur sports are not